Monday, August 31, 2009

T-Minus Eight Days...

I know from my Facebook friends that I am not the only mom counting down until the first day of school. Only eight more days of whining, arguing, and the constant moaning, "I'm bored."

The first few days of school will inevitably be peaceful and relaxing for us moms. But, I wonder if I will still be as happy after a week or two.

In order to figure this out, I have decided to come up with a list of Pros and Cons about the first day of school. Each day, I will post a new entry listing a positive thing about the kids going back to school and a negative thing.

I thought of today's Pro and Con at lunch...

Con: I will have to eat lunch alone.

Pro: Actually, I learned that a few old friends of mine are free to keep me company during lunch. It turns out that Kelly, Dylan, Brandon, Brenda, Steve, Donna, and David are available every day from 11-1 on channel 68. Good thing we got a tv for the kitchen. Those guys will make me feel like I'm eating at the Peach Pit every day. And, as far as I know, none of THEM has a peanut allergy so we can eat whatever we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment